At ITC2, we help clients increase their network performance and capacity while optimizing costs. Looking for some examples of what a partnership with ITC2 can mean for your business? Here are several case studies of how our digital transformation expertise has helped a variety of businesses leverage connectivity, communications, the cloud, and more while saving on costs.
How ITC2 increased capacity while optimizing cost and reducing risk for a global metals manufacturer:
Our client’s MPLS network was failing to support its business units around the world, costing the company as much as $10,000 per minute in certain network elements from its customers and loss of productivity.
- 2011 – Authored a detailed MPLS RFP
- 2011 – Assisted in the development of a long-term network strategy and architecture to future-proof the network
- 2012 – Completed a detailed analysis of the current MPLS network and infrastructure
- 2012 – Project managed and assisted in deployment of a worldwide MPLS network
- 2012 – Implemented a dual network infrastructure while increasing bandwidth capacity and stability
- 2016 – Completed a comprehensive circuit diversity study of the Tier 1 carrier chosen to ensure less risk to the company
- 2016 – Assisted in contract renewal that saved the client approximately 28%
- 2018 – Assisted in contract renewal that saved the client roughly 10%
These changes ensured a reliable and stable network that will support the customer’s business units around the world.
How ITC2 helped to increase capacity while optimizing cost by more than $3.5 million and exposing risk for a global financial company located in Atlanta:
- In 2015, instituted a procure-to-pay process utilizing a blind RFP against direct telecom vendors leveraging the ITC2 indirect channel, resulting in a 30% cost reduction with the same services and same providers vs. purchasing direct.
- In 2015, participated in a blind RFP against direct telecom vendors. Leveraging the indirect channel, ITC2 came in at 30% lower costs with the same services and same providers through optimized cost savings of $400,000
- In 2016, optimized customer’s carrier backup strategy with no changes on the customer side, saving the customer $480,000 annually
- In 2016, replaced a carrier’s over-engineered solution and optimized circuit design saving the customer $450,000 annually
- In 2017, jointly authored a network managed services RFP that saved the customer over $900,000 annually. ITC2 recommended the service providers
- In 2017, identified $996,000 in annual savings for voice and long distance by leveraging existing infrastructure
- In 2017-2018, identified $324,000 in annual savings by optimizing and consolidating voice and data services
How ITC2 increased capacity while optimizing cost by over $1.2 million and exposing risk for a global provider of risk management products and services:
The client lacked a telecom expense management (TEM) system, accountability in purchasing, no visibility between purchaser, and no invoice review process for over five years.
- 2018 – Completed a detailed analysis of the current network and concluded that the customer was spending 65% more on MPLS services than current market rates
- 2018 – Successfully drove value to the customer by saving the customer $19,300 month, equal to $231,600 year and $694,800 over a three year term, with a carrier renewal above customer’s own internal sourcing teams
- 2018-2019 – Assisted in negotiations for the current renewal contract for a reduction from approximately $13 million to around $7 million in contracted spend
- 2019 – Assisted in architecting a new communication and data center strategy design to optimize cost savings of $600,000 annually globally
These changes enabled a reliable and stable network that will support the customer’s business units around the world.
How ITC2 resolved a complex data center migration by optimizing cost by $200,000 for a customer in Silicon Valley:
An established and growing video-on-demand advertising solutions company headquartered in Silicon Valley was looking to add a layer of protection against the possibility of an earthquake without having to invest in a complete disaster recovery solution.
- Searched for providers outside Silicon Valley that met the requested geological risk, power density, managed network, SLA, and pricing variables
- Narrowed the search to providers in the Sacramento area with Tier 3+ certification standards
- Managed the sourcing, vetting, touring, and contract negotiation facets of the process
- Negotiated for a more accurate and aggressive power rate from potential providers
- Saved the customer more than $200,000 over the term of the contract
The company’s data center monthly recurring spend has been reduced by over 50%.
How ITC2 ensured scalability and stability for an SMB services company:
An SMB services company with more than four million users, revenues of $330 million, and a $10 million IT budget needed to scale. Their limited staff was struggling to support a 24/7 business model for its growing member network.
- Conducted a three-week cloud readiness assessment to determine which workloads were best fit for Azure Cloud
- Migrated multiple workloads from the customer’s existing colocation to the Azure Cloud
- Ensured the customer portal can scale during peak usage periods
- Achieved PCI compliance for customer-facing applications, including the website
- Provide ongoing 24/7 monitoring and patching of the customer’s Azure Cloud environment
This has enabled the customer to support a 24/7 business model within their new cloud environment.
How ITC2 addressed cyber security risk for a global enterprise fintech company
A large global fintech company with over 150,000 endpoints struggled with cyber attacks and breaches, and could not rationalize millions of lines of security logs to understand where the real threat lie and which assets were exposed to the internet and weaponized.
Value-based business solution:
- ITC2 recommended a solution leveraging RiskSense to automate security risk management from detection to remediation
- Using the RiskSense AI and SaaS analytics, the security team was able to analyze thousands of vulnerabilities across thousands of hosts and applications in minutes, to focus on and eliminate the ones that posed the greatest and most immediate risk.
- A key benefit of this analysis was the identification of key risk indicators, which was easily and immediately explainable to all stakeholders via the RiskSense Security (RS3) score, much like a credit score rating. Toolset also allowed for centralized reporting providing SecOps, network, CISO, c-suite and others the opportunity to communicate efficiently and effectively the strategy to all impacted stakeholders.
- RiskSense platform provided a go-forward “single source of truth” that not only enabled the remediation of the key vulnerabilities, but fostered cooperation between both the security and operational teams who were able to quickly and effectively trust and verify that the remedies applied truly mitigated the risk.
- The proposed solutions were implemented with RiskSense, successfully hardening the global enterprise by prioritizing immediate response and reduced cost by shifting resources to skill appropriate tasks.
RiskSense helps company’s drastically reducing remediation time, thus reducing the risk of a cyber breach.
How ITC2 addressed operational stability for a global enterprise company
A large global company with global infrastructure had its support provided by diverse operational tooling without correlation of events. This caused significant downtime and customer impact due to increased delays caused by efforts to rationalize the outage’s root cause. By implementing FixStream, this company was able to reduce outage time from two hours to 38 minutes, minimizing impacts to clients.
- FixStream enables a predictive approach to issue resolution using AI and machine to machine to reduce the MTTR saving employee time normally spent troubleshooting
- FixStream correlates infrastructure, creating a visualization of your environment in one view that is customizable to support operational processes, much like Google Maps performs for roads
- FixStream created a global inventory view of IT assets that services as the CMDB for operations teams
- Improve situational awareness by discovering unexpected technical inventory
- Detection of devices operating at capacity or over capacity
- Implementing FixStream allowed for a consolidation of tooling, saving $350,000, improved the return to operations metrics by over an hour per incident, and reduced overall hours in troubleshooting and recovery
Using FixStream, the company created an optimized view of infrastructure, modernizing IT operations and reducing costs.
How Much Can You Save While Optimizing Your Network?
At ITC2, we are continually finding new ways to improve customers’ connectivity and find cost savings. Interested in the efficiencies ITC2 can implement in your organization? Contact us today to learn more.